Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Remy Martin declares for NBA Draft

After four fruitful years with Arizona State, Filipino-American guard Remy Martin is ready for the next step in his journey.

The 22-year-old floor general has thrown his name to the 2021 NBA Draft, making the announcement through the Sun Devils’ official social media accounts.

“Guys, I just want to let you guys know that I am extremely grateful for the four years that you guys have been supporting me,” he said.

“I just want to let you guys know that I will be pursuing my NBA dreams.”

Martin was supposed to be part of the 2020 draft class but pulled out as he wanted to play his senior year in Arizona State.

“I want to say thank you to Coach [Bobby] Hurley and his staff for allowing me to be myself, allow me to play my game. I just want to thank my parents, my family, for supporting me throughout the years,” he said while also thanking the Sun Devils community for supporting him.

In his four years as a Sun Devil, Martin, who will graduate with a degree in BS Sociology, averaged 14.9 points, 3.9 assists, and 3.0 rebounds per game.

During his senior year that saw him post numbers of 19.1 points, 3.7 assists, 2.8 rebounds, and 1.2 steals per game, he was also bestowed with the Bill Kajikawa Award.

Martin finished his career on the ASU charts sixth in points (1,754), second in assists (466), 10th in field goals (591), third in free throws made (396), and eighth in steals (151).

The 6-foot floor general looks to defy mock drafts as he is not currently listed by the major publications to be picked this year.

Post a Comment

0 Comments