Subscribe Us

Header Ads

After historic debut, Capitan plans to show even more in World Title bout

Capitan Petchyindee Academy had a tremendous debut in ONE Super Series, and he hopes his success translates to gold next week.

The no. 2-ranked contender returns to ONE Championship’s all-striking league on Friday, January 22, when he takes on Alaverdi “Babyface Killer” Ramazanov for the latter’s ONE Bantamweight Kickboxing World Title in the main event of ONE: Unbreakable at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

“Of course, I am really happy to fight for the ONE World Title. I don’t feel nervous or excited [in a bad way],” Capitan told ONEFC.com.

“Fighting for the World Title has been my plan and goal since I joined ONE. I would like to be a ONE World Champion.”

The 27-year-old Thai had a debut for the record books, scoring the fastest finish in ONE Super Series history with a six-second KO of Petchtanong Petchfergus late last year.

However, the match was too short even for Capitan’s standards.

“Honestly, I was not satisfied in my debut with Petchtanong because I had not shown my fans how good I am,” he said.

“The fight was over too soon, but at least this fight made more people get to know me. That is one of my goals, and I aim to explode with my best performance in the ring.”

Against Ramazanov, though, he expects the bout to last a little longer.

After learning Muay Thai in Dagestan, Russia, but then moving to Thailand to study the art, Ramazanov developed a style unconventional to what Capitan has seen and experienced before.

But as for size, that won’t be an issue for the Petchyindee Academy star; he comes in with a notable four-inch height disadvantage over “Babyface Killer.”

Though it will certainly be a challenge for Capitan, he remains confident of his chances to secure the gold come next Friday night, considering that he has also been the more active athlete.

“Alaverdi has a real foreign style and it’s difficult to fight with. He is well-rounded and has various weapons. I have to throw my weapons at the right time,” Capitan said.

“His strength is that he’s big and tall, but I don’t see anything to worry about. I have more experience and many other advantages. If he gets hit by my heavy punches or kicks, he might be [in trouble]. One more thing – he has been away from the ring for quite a while. I had a couple of fights last year, so I am sure my body is well prepared.”

Capitan expects this match to go a little bit longer than his debut, but he still plans to finish the contest before it reaches the final bell.

“I have to be quick and I have to try to make him feel uncomfortable, so I will throw my weapons by walking forward at the start of the rounds,” the Thai said.

“I also plan to knock him out, but I am not sure what round – maybe round four or five.”

Download the ONE Super App to catch ONE: UNBREAKABLE live and for free on January 22 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

Read More From ONE Championship:

Nguyen Wants World Title Rematch With Le, Fight With Tonon

John Wayne Parr Accepts Challenge From Nieky Holzken

Undefeated Heavyweight Dustin Joynson Signs With ONE Championship

Post a Comment

0 Comments