Subscribe Us

Header Ads

Chooks 3×3 MVP Franky Johnson declares for PBA Draft

Another 3×3 star is set to leave the Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas 3×3 nest.

No. 8-ranked 3×3 player in the country Franky Johnson has declared his intention to enter the 2021 PBA Rookie Draft.

“When I came here to the Philippines in 2018 to pursue my overseas professional basketball career, my goal and aspirations were to always play in the PBA,” said the 6-foot-2 guard, who played for NCAA Division II school Virginia Union in 2015 and NAIA Division II school Warner Pacific in 2016.

“It was a league that I always had my mind set on, and a goal I wanted to accomplish since I was playing college basketball back in the USA in 2015 .”

Johnson, who stands at 6-foot-2, served his D-League residency last year with AMA Online Education.

The gunslinging guard passed on the 2019 draft to be one of the best 3×3 players in the country.Chooks-3x3-Grand-Finals-Johnson-6945 Chooks 3x3 MVP Franky Johnson declares for PBA Draft 3x3 Basketball Basketball Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas 3x3 News PBA - philippine sports news

In three conferences played in Chooks 3×3, the 26-year-old became a champion with Phenom-Basilan during the Patriot’s Cup and was named Most Valuable Player of the Tournament.

He also stood out in the FIBA 3X3 pro circuit as he was the first-ever Filipino to win the shootout competition, doing so during the 2019 Suhkbataar Challenger.

During the recently-concluded President’s Cup, Johnson also led Uling Roasters-Butuan to a fourth-place finish in the 12-team pro league.

Johnson is forever grateful for the opportunity given to him by the league.2019-Manila-Challenger-Isabela-Chooks-Franky-Johnson Chooks 3x3 MVP Franky Johnson declares for PBA Draft 3x3 Basketball Basketball Chooks-to-Go Pilipinas 3x3 News PBA - philippine sports news

“I am very grateful for the experience with Chooks-to-Go,” expressed Johnson, who also won a Slam Dunk title during the 2019 President’s Cup.

“I’ve accomplished great things in the league that I will forever cherish. I’ve had a great run and great experience and I will always be grateful of the opportunity Chooks gave me to thrive and shine in the country’s first-ever professional 3×3 league in the country.”

Johnson is the fifth Chooks 3×3 star who will move on to the pro 5-on-5 league.

Earlier, no. 1 Joshua Munzon, no. 2 Alvin Pasaol, no. 5 Troy Rike, and no. 6 Santi Santillan also declared for the draft.

Post a Comment

0 Comments