Subscribe Us

Header Ads

James De Los Santos bags historic 30th e-kata gold

After bagging a record three golds in one day, the number one e-kata karateka James De Los Santos plucked yet another one — his 30th overall in the SportData E-Tournament World Series.

The veteran internationalist took down familiar foe Matias Moreno-Dormont of Switzerland, 24.6-24.1, in the Final of the third and last leg of the E-Champions Trophy World Series to take this milestone title as results came in Friday morning.

With this narrow win, De Los Santos knew he must continue working hard to continue his streak.

“I look at it as a means to work harder. I don’t want to remain complacent. There’s always more room for improvement,” the 30-year-old shared.

The two-time ISKF World Champion scored 8.2 for his take on Unsu on three judges after canceling the highest and lowest scores for the aforementioned total, while the Swiss got two 8’s and an 8.1 for Ohan.

“It’s the love of my sport that really keeps me going, despite some tournaments being close to each other,” De Los Santos said on what pushes him despite the hectic calendar. “No matter how tiresome it can be, as long as you really love what you’re doing, you won’t make any excuses.”

The two-time Southeast Asian Games bronze medalist earlier defeated Silvio Cerone-Biagioni of South Africa, 24-4 in Sansai against 24 of Suparinpei, in the semifinals to book his place in yet another gold medal match.

The long-time national standout also knew the value of staying in shape to respond to the rigors of competition. “I don’t only look at these tournaments for competing; I also look at them as a way of training,” he shared.

“I usually do many warm up katas before I do my take. It’s what keeps me staying fit and in shape. “

Post a Comment

0 Comments